We left the pediatrician with some sample formula in tow, and headed to the grocery store to pick up some rice cereal quick before an old friend of mine, Lindsey gets to the house.
I hadn't seen Lindsey in 4 or 5 years, and the scene played out a little something like this.
"Hi Lindsey so nice to see you," -says frantic mother with crying baby and barking dogs as she hugs her dear old friend and asks her to come in.
Poor Lindsey not getting a proper hello after all this time gets immediately thrown into the kitchen holding a crying baby and trying to help me make rice cereal and formula. (all the while the dogs are still barking at the new person they haven't met yet.)
I call over Heather our wonderful neighbor to ask if thats really what rice cereal is supposed to look like?
After about an hour of figuring out how to feed the crying baby these foreign things that he is confused and just as frustrated as his mother then the scene settles down.
It was great to have Lindsey over. It has been so long as I already said. Though it was a long time it felt like we hadn't missed a beat. Chit-Chatting and gossiping like old friends. It was great to have re-connected!

Amidst all the chaos happening Monday morning, my new MacBook arrived! I feel obligated to share my amazing experience with customer service through Apple. I have had a MacBook for the past 2 years (probably going on 3 now). I haven't had a ton of luck with mine. I have had to bring it in for numerous reasons, making trips often to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store. I brought it in again a couple weeks ago when it stopped charging. When I got it back on Thursday the previous week it started to freeze up over and over. Finally it stopped turning on all together. I called Apple to explain to them my frustrations with having to bring it in ALL THE TIME and how it just never seemed to work properly. I told them that I had not had a good experience with their products as a first time Apple user. (What do they care? I am just a single person who has a simple MacBook- thats what I thought) I was taken off-guard when the supervisor of the tech I was speaking to offered to send me a brand new computer free of charge! Thats right! You heard me! Excellent customer service, they went above and beyond my expectations and I am so incredibly pleased! Thank you APPLE!

To wrap up the week Cohen gained 9oz. just in a week! He is sittin' pretty handsome at almost 12 pounds. I really wanted to continue nursing him, so I have gone above and beyond to find resources and get information. My current status = 10 pills a day (mostly fenugreek) loads of water and oatmeal ALL THE TIME!)

But if thats what it takes to make a happy healthy baby...Then so be it!!! He looks like he's pretty content and getting pudgy even!









Oh, Sam... I was tearing up at the beginning of this blog. I know that frustration, guilt, and worry feeling. I'm sorry that it is taking pills, water and oatmeal, but I'm so glad everything is looking up. I can't wait to see you and Cohen on Friday! I need me some little baby time, and some Sam time. :)
ReplyDeletep.s.- Love the photos! What a great blog!
ReplyDelete