After bustling around all morning making desserts and preparing myself and Cohen and Christmas presents, we went to church. There was a live nativity which was so incredibly neat. They even had a camel! Friday night we went to celebrate at Uncle Dave and Aunt Brenda's house. Uncle Dave was dressed like Santa and did a fantastic job of scaring Cohen half to death. He thought he was so funny with his deep voice and his "HO HO HO's" making Cohen hysterical! I think Cohen will forever be traumatized of men in red suits.
Exhausted on Christmas Eve I somehow forged ahead to finish wrapping gifts and getting things in order for the morning. I got all the presents wrapped and got to bed at 2am just to wake up again at 6am to a starving child.
After feeding Cohen and putting him back down to sleep I made my way downstairs to clean the house and prepare the chili for dinner. We then went to Grandma and Grandpa Rohrs house to celebrate Christmas day. Grandpa took us on a tour of his basement where he keeps all of his treasures from garage sales and I was pleasantly surprised by the organization of it all. He had lanterns and old coke signs and skis and snow shoes and you-name-its and what-have-yous. Very neat things. I used to think of the things in his basement as heaps of junk, but after going down there this weekend I think they are sitting on a gold mine. I felt like I was traipsing through a real life Pottery Barn Catalog. I swear I just saw an antique pair of snowshoes in the catalog that were identical to the ones in the basement for somewhere around $300 CrAzY!!!! My Grandpa is very proud of his collection and was very excited to show it off.
We ended Christmas night having Cohen's grandparents and Uncle and Aunts over for some homemade chili and cornbread! It was so nice to have everyone over together. It got Kyle and I itching for a bigger more convenient home. The one we are in will have to do for now though. We cuddled up on the couch after everyone left and we watched Polar Express.
Sunday we stayed in our jammies until 2:00 in the afternoon. We took down all of our Christmas decorations and cleaned and put up curtains that we have been meaning to put up for about 3 months now. It was so nice to just have a day at home and no plans were made. It was peaceful! Sometimes you just need peaceful. We sat with our favorite Christmas present (our little man) and we watched him play with his new things and interact and smile that toothless smile that pulls your heartstrings. We embraced the moment. We don't get many of these lately with such busy-ness all the time. It was nice to soak in the relaxation and just being together and spending time doing well... nothing but making memories.
This Christmas will be one for the memory and history books. Thank you to everyone who made it memorable.
Now LOADS of pictures :) ENJOY!

No comments:
Post a Comment