Friday, October 22, 2010

Everyone told me, "enjoy every second with him, they grow so fast!" I AM enjoying EVERY second, but what people forget to tell you is that there isn't a slow motion button, or a pause button. Here I sit thinking about how I really don't get into science fiction, but a time machine really would be a colossal invention. Cohen is only 3 lbs. heavier then when he was first born, but already I am having to put away some outfits and try new ones on him. I decided I have to make sure to take pictures of him in all of my favorite outfits before he grows out of them completely.







This outfit is one of my most favorite ones. I know it doesn't seem like he is very close to growing out of it yet, but I know that in a week or two, that won't be the case.

Having a child is so bittersweet, on one hand you are thoroughly excited every single time they hit a new milestone in growth, weather it be lifting their head or just smiling and cooing. You cannot wait to hear their voice and what they sound like, what color their eyes will be, how much hair they will or will not have, what they will like, what their personalities will be like. These things keep you excited and looking forward to the next step, but then as you move past that current step you realize, they will never have a first again. He will never wear newborn size diapers again in his life. He will never have his first trip to the store, his first car ride, his first bath, his first whatever ever again! It makes you sad and you think, "I should have taken MORE pictures, I should have cherished it MORE". But you cannot dwell on the firsts, because even I as a 24 year old and even his Pepe in his 70's or anyone else in the world for that matter still have firsts. I just became a mom for the first time, I will never be a parent for the first time again ;).

Life moves quickly, and I think it took me becoming a parent to really realize how much each day counts. How much you need to cherish every moment and I think I finally understand why people say, "Live like you're dying." Because time slips so quickly from us and before we know it we will be sitting at our kitchen table having tea as new Great Grandparents and thinking to ourselves, how the heck did we get here so fast.

I cannot wait to start writing more and keeping track of each and every day that I get to spend with this wonderful gift God has given to Kyle and I. We are so thankful!

I burst at the seems with happiness just looking at him, what a wondrous miracle, that which is life. The perfect mixture of the two of us, meshed up into this glorious package.

We are still trying to figure out who he looks more like, with every day he looks different. What do you think?



Cohen



Daddy



Mommy


We will see who he starts to look more like as he ages, its hard to tell right now. He still has blue eyes right now and we are hoping they stay that way! We will see, but I told Cohen that I am going to count everyday that his eyes are blue... right now we are at 62 days and counting!


No comments:

Post a Comment