Friday, October 29, 2010

Since Cohen has been born we have not traveled much. We plan to go visit Uncle Joey this weekend which will be extremely fun. We have however been fortunate to have had some close friends come and visit. Friends that I was able to go through my pregnancy with. My dear friends Jamie and Becky who had their little bundles of joy before Cohen came along, but joined me in the nine month stretch.

Jamie had a boy named Brecken, such a little ham. He is wonderful and we are so happy we were able to meet him. Brecken's daddy Braed
on actually introduced Kyle and I back in high school. We will be life long friends with the Hills, and are so excited to watch the boys grow up together.



Brecken and Cohen hanging out on the comfy chair!



Becky had a girl named Makenna. She is BEAUTIFUL! We met Becky and Steve in Wisconsin when I was a nanny for their two year old Colton.We were able to see them one night last month when they came up for some errands. Colton is such a card and I love that little boy so much. Colton would call my dogs "arfs". I suppose that makes perfect sense when you ask them what their names are, they say, "ARF!"






Colton with Baby Cohen (He did such a good job saying Cohen's name)

I just realized after looking over my blog, that I have been neglecting to talk about my first two babies ... the arfs :). My neglect online is a sort of indication as to what has been going on at home and I feel just horrible that the dogs haven't been out much.

Its cold... its late... we're tired... tomorrow... those are just some of the lame excuses we have been making in not taking out our wonderful pets.

Jade and Gryff are troupers though. They have been doing so well (even without exercise). About once a week Kyle has been taking them out on LONG roller blade runs. They love this and run like wild beasts, well Gryffin sort of frolics, but you get the picture.

Gryffin and Cohen have become best buds, I cannot wait to see this relationship blossom. As of now Gryffin can always be found wherever Cohen is. If I put Cohen down for a nap then Gryffin the big lug is right next to the bassinet, he cannot fit his body underneath of it, but he sure tries and shoves his head right under there. When I get up to feed Cohen in the middle of the night, Gryffin joins us in Cohen's room he plops right down next to the rocking chair and waits out the diaper change too, then goes right back to his post halfway under the bassinet.

It is true I believe that all dogs have such incredible personalities, and I just don't understand how people cannot love the crap out of pooches.

With that said here's a little update on Ms. Jaden, the dog with SO MUCH PERSONALITY. She is a little weary of baby Cohen. I don't think we could have picked a better name for "Ms. Jealous Jaden", often she is "green with envy". She has not been acting out much, just steers clear of Cohen at all costs. When Cohen cries, its under the bed for Jaden, she moans a lot and spends her days upstairs while we are downstairs or vice-versa.

I think its so funny the difference in the two pups. I have yet to get a picture with Cohen and Jaden, she doesn't like it when I lay Cohen next to her, but Gryf just lays there so here is a picture I captured of the two little buddies hanging out last week.







I needed to post a picture with Jaden too. This is right after their LONG roller blade run/frolic :).

Ps. I didn't pose them. They are just very funny and often lay together like this.




1 comment:

  1. Love the blog Sammers! Especially the pics from the pumpkin patch and the header! Gorgeous family. :)

    -Abby W

    ReplyDelete