Monday, November 29, 2010

Way to go me... I haven't published a new post in a month. I am certainly doing great at keeping this updated.. HA! Oh well I will be trying harder to keep everyone updated.

11:00pm on Monday night. I should probably be trying to catch some zZz's seeing that my son is sleeping soundly in his crib right now, but instead I have this crazy amount of energy to spew onto some blog pages. Here goes a ton of mumble jumble... try to keep up!

Cohen is almost 3 months old already... cruisen along at 12 well nearly 13 weeks. Good grief! I feel like we just took him home from the hospital! He is getting so much bigger and stronger everyday. He is holding his head up like a pro now. I have to keep myself in check these days because I find him so amazing, every day. I have to really think about what I am saying before I say it, because I can feel myself becoming one of "those" moms.

I never want to be one of "those" moms. You know, the kind that think that their child is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The kind that think their child could do no wrong. I hope to appear humble when it comes to my little man. I want him to know I think the world of him, but I don't want him to think the world revolves around him. I want him to have a balance in his life where he is confident in who he is, but doesn't boast and isn't cocky, but humble himself. Man I am not even in the difficult years of parenting and already I feel the pressure of trying to figure out how to perfectly round my child.

With that said... my son is AMAZING! :) (just couldn't help myself)

This past week has been so much fun. Cohen's first snow storm, first Thanksgiving, decorating for Christmas. Its been busy.

I am so excited for Christmas this year. I don't know if its because I am still such a kid myself, or if it really is a magical time of year, but Christmas just really does it for me. I find it so amazing that even as a two month old who doesn't know much about the world yet, the simple sight of our Christmas tree can make him happy. Today I was getting some things done in the kitchen and the fussy little guy just was NOT happy in his swing. I picked him up and he got a glimpse of the Christmas tree lights and forgot what he was so upset about. I sat him in his Bumbo for awhile in front of the Christmas tree. Awe-struck he sat there for about 30 minutes (in Mom time that's forever). I am so excited for all the Christmas's to come and all the traditions to unravel for us as a family.

My Christmas present came early this year. I got a new camera. I have been wanting one forever!!! It is sort of intimidating, but I have already gotten some really great pictures of my posse.




















1 comment:

  1. I just love reading these! Such a pretty family. The camera was a great gift for all of us because we get to see these great pictures! Love u!

    ReplyDelete